TxtMan is a threaded SMS program for Windows Mobile 5.0. It sends and receives text
messages (SMS) and displays the messages as a conversation, like an instant messenger
TxtMan has been tested mainly on the Motorola Q, but has been reported to work on
- Motorola Q
- Treo 700w
- Cingular 8125
- Verizon XV6700
- Samsung i320
- T-Mobile Dash
- Samsung Blackjack
- Cingular 8525
It may work
on other devices. If you're running Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone or Windows Mobile
5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition, give it a try. If it works, let me know so I
can add your device to this list.
TxtMan requires the .NET Compact Framework 2.0 to be installed on your phone in
order to run. It's free, and many other Windows Mobile programs require it, so it's
a good thing to have. To download it, go here.
- Make sure you have the
.NET Compact Framework 2.0 installed.
- Right-click the "Download TxtMan" link above and save the CAB file to your hard drive.
- Copy the CAB file to your phone. Any place will do. I'd suggest Program Files.
- Using the File Manager on your phone, open the CAB file. This will begin the installation.
- After the installation is complete, you may delete the CAB file, or you can keep
it on your phone so that you can beam it to your friends :)
- If you want to uninstall TxtMan, go to Start Menu > Settings > Remove Programs.
- As long as the program is running, it will receive SMS messages, and it will prevent
the built-in messaging application from receiving them. If the program is not running,
it will not launch itself when you receive a message. It must be already running
to receive SMS messages. There is an option in the options screen to
start TxtMan when the phone boots up.
- Due to the way Windows Mobile manages memory, you may find that if you have been
using a lot of different programs on your phone, or doing something that requires
a lot of memory, that Windows Mobile will automatically shut down TxtMan without
warning. It does this to free up memory for whatever you're currently doing. Unfortunately,
TxtMan won't receive SMS messages after it's been shut down. If you've been doing
a lot of work on your phone, you should check to see if TxtMan is still running.
- You won't get message notifications like the built in messaging app gives you, but
the program will play a sound, vibrate, and bring itself to the foreground when
a message is received. If the phone's ringer is off (silent mode) or you are on
a call, TxtMan will not make a sound when an SMS is received. However, it will still
vibrate, unless you turn that off in the options.
- Due to the peculiarities of the .NET Compact Framework, when the focus is on the
conversation window, pressing up and down on the 5-way pad scrolls the conversation,
but will not move the focus back to the text input area. To move the focus away
from the conversation window, press any key except up or down.
the TxtMan free for Windows Mobile Smartphone
.mobi Mobile friendly download
Download TxtMan direct on your windows mobile smartphone
» More versions
:TxtMan v2.0 NEWTxtMan v1.0.1 NEW
Copy this code into your website if you want to link to the TxtMan page:
<a href="http://www.smartphone-freeware.com/download-txtman.html"> Download TxtMan</a>
Subscribe to our Feed: